NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
The National General Certificate is the most widely held health and safety qualification in the UK.
What kind of people take National General Certificate?
Managers, supervisors and staff from all types of organisations who need a broad understanding of health and safety issues. The certificate helps them manage risks effectively. Many people take the NeBOSH National General Certificate as a first step in a career path in health and safety. It provides a valuable overview, and is a sound basis for further professional study.
Attendees on the NEBOSH General Certificate course will learn to:
- Understand the legal framework, moral and economic requirements and implications for good standards in health and safety within an organisation.
- Develop, promote and communicate an effective health and safety culture in an organisation.
- Identify the key features of a health and safety policy, the preparations and performance review of a health and safety audit.
- Understand the importance of proactive and reactive health and safety monitoring measures.
- Identify hazards in the workplace and carry out risk assessments, record findings and review procedures.
- Advise on strategies for controlling hazards, reducing risks and applying safe systems of work.
- Identify fire hazards and consequential risks, advise on measures to minimise fire risks and develop fire procedures.
- Identify ill health effects of physical processes of work and the environment and recommend suitable measures to combat risks.
- Explain the processes and procedures for investigating and reporting accidents at work.
Safety Simplified: a new course, created by NEBOSH
NEBOSH has launched Safety Simplified – a brand new approach to health and safety training. The innovative three-day practical course, which uses augmented reality to bring safety learning to life, has been introduced to drive a revolution in the UK workplace by providing health and safety knowledge to more people.
What Is Safety Simplified?
NEBOSH Safety Simplified is the latest course from the National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH), one of the world’s leading and most respected health and safety bodies. This course makes health and safety training not only relevant but accessible to all. Safety Simplified emphasises the practical nature of health and safety.
This 3-day course uses the latest technology to provide a more engaging and interactive experience for learners. The course materials have an accompanying app that uses augmented reality to bring knowledge to life.
The benefits of this course include:
- Helping you to reduce incident and injury rates.
- Improving health and safety culture.
- Improving employee engagement in health and safety.
- Training employees in understanding why health and safety is important.